Being without heat during a Louisiana winter can be uncomfortable and even dangerous, so it is a good idea to monitor your furnace or boiler throughout the heating season. Call our team of expert technicians right away if you notice any of the following signs which can indicate heating problems:
- If you notice any strong gas smell. Call us right away! You may potentially have a dangerous leak in your furnace’s heat exchanger, which can leak carbon monoxide which is a dangerous and deadly by gas without a smell. Be sure to keep your carbon monoxide detectors up to date and with new batteries.
- If your furnace is starting to make strange noises.
- If your electrical bills are suddenly going through the roof.
- If you feel both hot and cold spots in your house.
- If you notice dust and dirt starting to build up quickly around your home.
- If Your furnace has stopped running. Steps you can do to troubleshoot it first: check the emergency shut-off and your breaker. Switch them off, then on again. If the system still doesn’t work, call us to determine the source of the problem.
- If you notice heating and cycling problems, your furnace runs and provides some heat but not enough to keep you warm.
- If your pilot light is yellow instead of blue.
It is very important that your furnace receives regular maintenance to ensure that it is working properly, safely, and efficiently. Routine maintenance is also able to extend the life of your heating system by several years. Be sure to ask about our annual maintenance agreements that cover your electrical, heating, and cooling systems and can save you money.