Keeping your home’s heating system running smoothly this winter can be a challenge. Here are few tips to help:
1. Regularly check your thermostat and furnace filters. Your furnace filter should be replaced every one to three months, depending on usage. If your system is equipped with an air filter, you should check it every month and replace it when it is dirty or clogged. To check the thermostat, make sure it’s set to the same temperature every day, and keep the doors closed to other rooms so heat isn’t escaping from the room with the heater. And don’t set the temperature too low – it’s best to keep the temperature set at 68 degrees or lower when you’re away.
2. Service your furnace annually. Preventative maintenance is key to keeping your heating system running smoothly. Having your HVAC system serviced once a year ensures that everything is working as it should and keeps it operating at peak efficiency.
3. Make sure your heater is properly ventilated. This is important to prevent carbon monoxide from the building up in your home. You should have at least one vent to the outside from each room in your home. The vents can be in the walls, the roof, or even the floor.
4. Make sure your home is properly insulated. Insulation can have a huge impact on how well your heating system works. Proper insulation can reduce heat loss from your home and make it more comfortable during the winter months. It can even reduce your energy costs!
5. Consider installing a humidifier to keep your home comfortable during dry winter months. A humidifier adds moisture to the air in you house and can help relieve the symptoms of allergies, colds, and flus. It can also help prevent dry skin and static electricity in the winter. It can help your system run more efficiently, too!
These simple tips can help keep your heating unit run smoothly. Contact your local HVAC company today if you have any questions about heating maintenance or need to schedule a service call.
Walters Electric & A/C is a leading air conditioning contractor in Jena, LA, United States. We have been serving the Jena community for years, and our goal is to provide our customers with the best possible service. Contact us today to schedule a service call or to learn more about our HVAC maintenance services.